Ensure you have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account and permissions to launch EC2 instances, manage AutoScaling and set Security Groups.
Download the CloudFormation
Ensure you have an Organization set up in Banyan and that you have admin access via the Command Center.
In the Banyan Command Center, navigate to Infrastructure > Clusters and ensure you have a Cluster with a running Shield that the Netagent or Access Tier can connect to. The Clusters section of the Web Console lists all cluster parameters such as Cluster Name, Shield Address, etc.
In the Command Center, navigate to User Settings > My Profile and ensure you have generated a Refresh Token. You will need your Refresh Token if/when you use the automated bootstrap scripts to install Netagent or Access Tier.
Refresh Token - My Profile
You can deploy the Access Tier in an entirely new VPC or in an existing VPC.
Use the steps below to deploy Access Tier on a new VPC and provision all the requisite AWS Networking.
1. Download the
2. In the AWS Console, navigate to Services > CloudFormation.
3. Create a stack With new resources (Standard) and upload the
banyan-network-stack.json file to provision all the requisite AWS Networking.
4. Enter a stack name, and then ensure the Zones are valid for your region.
5. Configure stack options as needed, then click Create stack.
6. Since Access Tier will be deployed in this VPC, ensure the Access Tier has connectivity to the upstream application, server, or host via VPC peering.
Ensure that your VPC has an Internet Gateway attached and a Public Subnet where you can deploy the Access Tier.
The Access Tier resources should be located in your Public Subnet and have a Public IP Address so it can be reached from anywhere on the Internet.
Shield Address - Infrastructure > Cluster
Additionally, Access Tier supports proxy settings, so the connection from Access Tier to Shield could traverse a proxy if required.
https://www.banyanops.com/netting/…to download an OS-specific Module.
https://net.banyanops.com/api/v1/…to obtain a one-time-key required for installation
1. In the AWS Console, navigate to CloudFormation and then create a new stack.
2. Select the option With new resources (standard). On the Create stack page, leave Template is ready selected and then select Upload a template file.
3. Upload the
banyan-elastic-access-tier.json file, and then click Next.
1. Provide a Stack name and then configure the applicable Parameters:
2. Click Next, and then Configure stack options according to your deployment needs.
3. Click Next, and then click Create stack to start Access Tier.
4. Configure a Public Wildcard DNS Record that follows your corporate domain name convention to map to the load balancer’s DNS name
Then, corporate services can be exposed to your users as
If you’re deploying Access Tiers across multiple sites, you can further scope the subdomains into
By default, Banyan Access Tier CloudFormation template utilizes an Amazon-Linux-2 image.
Once the Access Tier is installed, you can check the Infrastructure > Sites section of the Banyan Command Center to see the list of all the registered Access Tiers.
Infrastructure - Sites